Monday, April 7, 2008

Monday Morning Blues

Hi,

Today, i was blue returning to work.
You see, I'm kind of a news junkie. News is my drug of choice. Cocaine, nicotene or alcohol - they're not for me.

Oh but give me news, glorious news.

It was with great delight that I sat in my office, transfixed at webcasts of der bertie announcing his exit from political leadership.
I trawled the net, looking for outside coverage of the man's fall from power.
I went to online editions of the Washington Post, New York Times, etc as well as Reuters and the associated press (AP).
I was over the moon about what I saw.
Headlines appeared in front of me saying things like "Irish PM quits amid sleaze allegations" and "Ahern is forced out over financial controversy"
Now, I think that sleaze may be a bit wide of the mark but my delight stemmed from the fact that Ahern was being written about abroad as he would have prayed he would not have been.

Bertie has a notion in his head that he is an internationally great statesman. He believes that he holds some sway over the likes of the USA, UK, Germany, France and so forth. That is why he brings a bowl of shamrock to the White House with a stupid grin on his powdered face. It is why he wore a hideous suit that even I know was wrong and I have the fashion sense of a hobo.
It was wonderful to see that the foreign press swooped down upon his hideous lies and found him out for what he is - a criminal who should be imprisoned for what he has done to this country.

Now, I don't believe in writing epitaphs for criminals but I will be sure to write one hell of a post in May when the tribunal uncovers a whopper of a lodgment in the name of our fuhrer.
As for Brian Cowen? I reserve judgement. I would like to see how he handles the impending recession before I proclaim him to be a great and wonderful leader or conversely hang him out to dry before he has a chance to prove himself.
What I will say is that Enda has his work cut out in dealing with a far more abrupt and sharp man who is not illiterate or stutters like a drunk. And for a man who has all the charisma of a cockroach, that can't be good
bye

No comments: